AED Defibrillators, Automated External Defibrillators

You can help us save a life

Sudden Cardiac Arrest
Lucky Guy, There was an AED present!,
What is Sudden Cardiac Arrest?
Sudden Cardiac Arrest is a term used to describe when the heart has stopped beating effectively. It is usually caused by an abnormal heart rhythm problem called Ventricular Fibrillation.

Sudden Cardiac Arrest is the leading cause of death in the United States. 1,000 people a day or as many as 350,000 people a year die from this event. Half of these events will be experienced outside of the hospital.

Victims of Sudden Cardiac Arrest will show signs that include:
-Unresponsiveness
-No Breathing
-No Heart Beat
Who are the victims of Sudden Cardiac Arrest?
Sudden Cardiac Arrest can happen to people of all ages, and often without any warning. It is most common in those over the age of 50 and usually in people who have previously recognized heart disease, but not always. SCA can happen to anyone, at any age, and at anytime. Be prepared.
What is the treatment for Sudden Cardiac Arrest?
The key treatment for Sudden Cardiac Arrest is early defibrillation. This is the electrical current that is sent through the heart to restore an organized rhythm. If the heart can be restarted within one minute of onset then there is a 90% chance of survival. With each passing minute the survival rate decreases by 10%.
What is an Automated External Defibrillator?
Now with the advent of portable, small, lightweight defibrillators anyone with proper training can provide treatment for Sudden Cardiac Arrest. The device is simple to use with one or two button usage and clear voice instructions. The AED analyzes the patientís rhythm and when necessary will deliver an electric shock to the heart and reverse Sudden Cardiac Arrest.

Our goal is to have more people in the community who are trained and can respond to a medical emergency by providing early defibrillation. This will greatly increase Sudden Cardiac Arrest survival rates.